onOne Software Perfect Photo Suite 8
onOne Software has announced a NEW release, PERFECT PHOTO SUITE 8, and are offering special pre-order pricing. All three editions, Premium, Standard and the Lightroom/Aperture edition of this new suite will be available for download November 26, 2013. This new release has incorporated several new tools and capabilities and with the addition of new modules including a Browser Module comes more flexibility. The staff at onOne Software has listened to the needs of photographers at all levels to develop an exciting image enhancement suite of eight modules that work seamlessly together as a standalone or inside Lightroom®, Photoshop®, Photoshop Elements®, and, Aperture®.
New in Perfect Photo Suite 8:
• Perfect Enhance module – Perfect Enhance provides essential tools for basic enhancements. Use it to adjust brightness and contrast, remove a color cast, remove dust spots and power lines, and add sharpening and vignettes. It is an ideal module to start with when using Perfect Photo Suite 8 as a standalone application or when quick corrections are needed.
• Perfect Eraser – Using content-aware fill technology and simple brush strokes, the Perfect Eraser removes objects and automatically reconstructs the image with realistic results.
• Twice as Many Filters – The Effects module now includes new adjustable filters including: HDR Look, Dynamic Contrast for tonal clarity, Vintage, Grunge, Antique, and more.
• Customizable Presets – All built-in presets included in Perfect Photo Suite 8 may be deconstructed by their filter settings and personally customized.
• FocalPoint is now in the Effects Module – The best parts of FocalPoint technology to create bokeh, tilt-shift, and selective focus effects after the shot, are now in the Effects module as the
Lens Blur filter.
• New Browse module – Images can be browsed and directly accessed from Perfect Photo Suite wherever they are stored—on the computer, an external drive, a connected network, and even on a cloud-based storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Apple’s photo stream.
• Perfect Batch Utility – Powerful batch processing of actions from one or multiple modules, including the insertion of a watermark.
• Multiple File Handling: As a photo editor, you can now open and work with more than one image at a time. Move between images to edit or copy layers from one file to the next.
• Improved Masking Bug: Redesigned Masking Bug in the Effects and Layers modules make mask creation easier and more intuitive.
• Higher Quality Effects: Performance enhancements improve effects by minimizing artifacts without sacrificing processing speed.
• Improved RAW file handling: Open and process RAW files faster and with better quality. Support for new cameras also added.
I don’t know about you, but as a long time user of onOne Software I am excited to see so many fantastic new modules and enhancements added to my image workflow.
Those that know me know that I am a Lightroom® and Photoshop® user. They also know that Lightroom® is the cornerstone for my image management and the beginning of my image processing workflow. Many ask me why I use onOne’s Perfect Photo Suite with all that image enhancement power inside the two most popular Adobe products, my answer is simple. Seamless integration, flexibility, speed, simplicity, and, enhancement/effects options. The images above and below are just two examples of the creative flexibility and capabilities of Perfect Photo Suite. In both images I was able to go from the original out of the camera raw image to my finished vision in a short time. Yes I did start my work flow on both images inside Lightroom® with a few small adjustments including the removal of those annoying dust bunnies, but from there, it was all Perfect Photo Suite.